What We Do
When you started your adult life, did you find that there was a lot of information you needed that you had not been taught in school?
After you left high school did you have moments when you realized that there were things you could have done or learned if you had thought about it?
There are a lot of things to learn and think about that go beyond academics to make an independent, thriving adult life possible. At Wisdom In Minutes we work to make sure that students don’t come back from college, look at their parents, and wonder what in the world to do next.
The topics we cover help students to focus on their future and ignore the minor irritations of High School and College. Working with parents to Nurture Independence and Achievement in their children (NIA Parenting) helps to make the transition from childhood to adulthood more peaceful for the family.
We offer workshops & seminars, consulting, and keynote talks.
Our client list includes:
· ScholarChIPs – College scholarship program for children of incarcerated parents
· Montgomery County Collaboration Council for Children, Youth, and Families
· Girl Scout Troops on the Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador levels
· Takoma Park, Maryland Recreation Department
· Montgomery County Maryland Recreation Department
· Shiloh Baptist Church, Washington, D.C. – Debutant Program
· Asbury United Methodist Church, Washington, D.C. – Higher Education and Campus Ministry
· Rising Sun Programs – Youth & Family Empowerment through Financial Literacy
· Passports to College – College Selection and Application Programs